[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.2.2 failed to compile extpascal

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Aug 25 14:33:17 CEST 2008

In our previous episode, Bee said:
> >> be precise, FPC v.2.2.2 refuses an array of integer become data type
> >> for a published property.
>
> However, the fact that FPC v.2.2.2 raises the above error still bugs me.
>   Is it by design? Because I read some reports that it worked with FPC
> v.2.2.0 on Windows. Language speaking, v.2.3.1 allows it too. I don't
> understand why v.2.2.2 reject it.
>
> Any explanations? TIA.

I think it is related to it being published. A lot of object persistance
stuff has been rewritten due to problems with the original sourcecode, and
security has been improved.

The problem iirc was that arrays could be declared published, but weren't
published in practice. (no rtti)

That is also the solution: make it public.