[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.2.2 failed to compile extpascal

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Mon Aug 25 13:21:48 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with ExtPascal (extpascal.googlecode.com). I used to
get it work using FPC 2.3.1 from SVN. Before today, my FPC SVN latest
update is about a month ago. Today, I update it.

Today FPC SVN is able to compile ExtPascal but the output is unusable.
It raises an access violation. I didn't yet found where the AV is raised
from. I thought it's about socket problems, but I'm not sure. I can send
the strace (I'm using dstruss) output if it's required.

Then I thought I should use latest FPC stable release, v.2.2.2.
Unfortunately, this version even failed to compile ExtPascal units. To
be precise, FPC v.2.2.2 refuses an array of integer become data type for
a published property.

I'm on MacOS X 10.5.2 Intel. I got FPC 2.3.1 (SVN) and 2.2.2 installed.
I'd like to revert my local SVN to the working revision, but I forget
which revision I should refer.

Hints? TIA.

-Bee-