[fpc-pascal] compiling on FreeBSD6 or 7 for target FreeBSD4 possible?

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Thu Aug 21 11:05:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:39:55 +0200 Marc Santhoff wrote:

> for some reason I have to have a compiler creating binaries for FreeBSD
> 4 at hand.

> Since all computers around here are on the way to FreeBSD 6 or 7 I have
> to decide between having a seperate disk or partition or virtual machine
> for FreeBSD 4 and setting up a build environment running on v6 and
> creating binaries for v4.

> Is the latter generally possible?

We use a FreeBSD-current host with ports-mgmt/tinderbox to create
packages for 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.x. While CURRENT was 7.x we used
to package for 4.x as well. You may create a local port of your
software and package it for all versions at one host.

HTH and WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve