[fpc-pascal] 2.2.2 INSTALL PROBLEM

John Youngquist johny at iaw.com
Fri Aug 15 07:04:15 CEST 2008

Just an update I removed FPC with Add/Remove programs which didn't
remove everything.
It left the bin directory with fp.cfg alone. I reinstalled 2.2.0 which
would not launch but just
blinked on screen. I deleted the FPC root directory and everything below
it. I reinstalled
2.2.0 and it works. I have regularly seen this failure to launch
behavior about once a month.
I delete the files in  C:\FPC\2.2.0\BIN\i86-WIN32\ and then re-install.
Re-installing without
removing those files doesn't work.

I also routinely see unusual behavior during debug. In routine debugging
suddenly breakpoints
don't break anymore. I exit FPC and restart to return to normal
operation. SImilarly the watching
of record structures just quits. Restart fixes that to. I was hoping
2.2.2 might fix these problems.
But it won't even run for me.

I have a rather ordinary setup here that runs most things without trouble.

Never the less I'm a great fan of FPC.

JY