[fpc-pascal] fast text processing

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Oct 31 11:17:08 CET 2007

On 31 Oct 2007, at 11:00, Bee wrote:

>> It merely means you don't want to waste time on rewriting a
>> perfectly good library simply because of abstract "language
>> purity" reasons. It is completely irrelevant in what language a
>> library is written if it works well with your program and does
>> what you want.
>
> Yes. If C is very good, I won't use pascal (especially fpc) at the
> first place. :-P

Do you really not see the difference between
a) code already written and tested by others
b) code written by yourself

The regexp library is case 1. A program using that library is case 2.
Case 1 can be written in C because the original author prefers C.
Case 2 can be written in Pascal because you prefer Pascal. "Language
superiority" does not enter the picture.

Jonas