[fpc-pascal] Re: Why this evaluates on "if" wrong ?

L L at z505.com
Mon Oct 29 22:30:16 CET 2007

> It means it displays 10 and has 2 additional digits for internal use. As I
> said, the easiest way to check this is to push the pi button and subtract
> the number you see in the display.

> > Probably -4*10-10 :)

Yes, that's what happens on mine.

> > Unfortunatly I don't use calculators that much any more, but during my
> > school time I knew a lot of waysto crash, fool or whatever calculators.

The kids in my advanced math class would play a game called 'Drug Wars' or
similar on their calculator.. even during exams. They'd copy the answers from me
when they realized they'd been playing Drug Wars on their Ti-83's and didn't
have time to complete their assignment.. ticked me off but for some reason I let
them copy my answers. Probably so they'd remain dumb for the rest of their life.
I just used my casio and never purchased any special calculators for advanced
math class. Of course people would also use Ti-83's to store text information
for cheating.

L505