[fpc-pascal] FPC and JAVA

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Oct 29 11:59:51 CET 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Daniƫl Mantione wrote:

> > > Should they be hidden?
> >
> > In general, I would say: yes. Maybe it should be an option which by default is
> > off, or so.
>
> I think it doesn't apply just for Mac, the latest Lazarus snapshots have
> menu bars that are overcrowded with icons. This is unusual for any
> platform I use.

I don't know about that?
I use quite some programs and they all have icons in front of many many
menus. Kile, konqueror, k3b etc. Not much less than Lazarus.

Normally, under Windows the convention is that you put an icon in front of
any menu item that corresponds with a toolbar button (with the same icon).
It makes clear that the menu item/button have the same function.
Menu items for which no toolbar button exists, do not have an icon.

Michael.