[fpc-pascal] FPC and JAVA

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:32:57 CEST 2007

On 10/26/07, Krishna <v.krishnakumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I saw the wiki page. Does it work on S60 2nd/3rd edition phones too?

No. But they are similar, so if uiq works, the s60 support can be
build reusing a lot of what was developed for uiq. The base operating
system is the same, so I guess the RTL would need few or no changes,
but this is just a guess.

The GUI toolkit is completely different so that would need new bindings.

The mksymbian build tool will need to be adapted to the specifics of the s60 sdk

> How do you map the C++ API? by hand? Is it possible to tailor the
> "Direct class wrapper"
> (http://milan.marusinec.sk/articles-icu4pas/icu4pas-dcw.html) approach
> to ARM?

They seam to rely on assembler there, so I guess no.

And yes, I am currently mapping it by hand.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho