[fpc-pascal] The SetLength procedure (which sets the size of dynamic arrays)

Adrian Maier adrian.maier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 10:32:24 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have found out about the SetLength procedure in the "Free Pascal :
Reference guide" ,
chapter 3.3.1 Arrays .

But I am unable to find the complete description of this function.
What unit does
SetLength  belong to ?

In the System unit i've found DynArraySetLength procedure,  but there
it's written
that " It should never be necessary to call this function directly,
the standard SetLength function should be used instead. "

In this case, where is the "standard" SetLength function documented ?!

Searching with the site's "Search"  and locally with grep though the
fpc-html-docs
didn't give me meaningful results.

Thanks,
Adrian Maier