[fpc-pascal] D language and Object Pascal

Adrian Veith adrian at veith-system.de
Wed Oct 10 17:36:02 CEST 2007

Jilani Khaldi schrieb:
> Hi All,
> just curious about the D language
> (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html), I read some articles on the
> site, downloaded the compiler... and wrote some little examples. Well,
> many of the things that the author presented as new and hot features
> are already present in Turbo Pascal or in Delphi for a decade (objects
> by reference, strings...).
oh D has more interesting things for a compiled language:
  - dynamic closures or delegates to nested functions
  - lazy evaluation
  - template mixins
  - garbage collection

I am not sure if all these things are really useful - but it looks
interesting. especially the delegates stuff.

What I don't understand is, that they haven't changed the idiotic switch
statement.

cheers,

Adrian.