[fpc-pascal] IDE fonts and codepage

Frank McCormick fmccormick at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 6 18:03:08 CEST 2007

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 17:41:42 +0200 (CEST)
Daniƫl Mantione <daniel.mantione at freepascal.org> wrote:

> > I followed the suggestion made sometime ago about loading cp850-8x16
> > font to get the line drawing characters when in the IDE on the console,
> > but noticed then I don't have certain characters available on the
> > keyboard, such as '/' etc. Whats the solution to this. This whole issue
> > of fonts and codepages is a little beyond me :)
>
> You press the "/" key and no slash appears in the editor? Or you load
> the font and the "/" stops working?

   The "/" key for example (there may be others that don't display properly) works
but the character which appears is not "/".

> How do you load the font, using "setfont" from the command line or by
> modifying configuration files?

   I run setupcon (under Debian Sid) and it reads a config file
in /etc/defaults/setupcon.conf. It has a line in it which allows you to load a font
directly. I load cp850-8x16 and have the "/" problem. It does display line
characters correctly however. Maybe I need to load a translate table ??

> > The IDE has no problem under X, matter of fact I love the fact it now
> > supports the mouse!!
>
> The disadvantage of X is that full funcationality is not possible. But we
> are doing the maximum possible and will continue to push the limits :)

    With my setup running FP under RXVT it is 99.9% functional. The only wierd
problem I've encountered is "internal GDB error 0" when stepping through code but I
don't **think** thats an X problem.

Cheers
Frank

--
    Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how