[fpc-pascal] streaming file from zip into my app

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Fri Nov 30 14:37:39 CET 2007

Am Freitag, den 30.11.2007, 09:04 +0100 schrieb
dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to unzip one file from a zip archive and use it directly as
> > input for something else (sax or self written parser).
> >
> > Since the unzip package form the "extra" dir only writes to disc files:
> >
> > Is there any alternative source for writing from zip to a stream instead
> > of a file?
> >
> > Or even better: is any fpc source for extracting the document info from
> > Openoffice.org files already written? ;)
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> You can have a look at TZipFile
> (http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/ZipFile). The only problem still with
> it is that it does not support decoding / encoding. But the basis is there
> already.

What de- and encoding is it, are you talking of character sets or
encryption?

The target documents are unencrypted for sure, but they are written in
different languages.

> You can access a zipfile as if it's a filesystem.

That would be the right view, I'll have a look.

Thanks Darius,
Marc