[fpc-pascal] errno codes fpOpen

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Nov 9 10:20:42 CET 2007

> On 08 Nov 2007, at 20:43, afpTeam wrote:
>
> > I'm maybe lost in the doc searches, but is there a reference
> > explaining the
> > extended err codes for fpOpen and friends?
> > I could not find one.
>
> They are documented in the man pages of the *nix functions you are
> calling (man open), and the actual values corresponding to the
> symbolic errno numbers can be found in /usr/include/errno.h (or in one
> of the files it includes). The actual numerical values differ however
> from OS to OS, so it's best to use the symbolic constants in your
> program (they are all prefixed with ESys in FPC, so e.g. ESysEPERM,
> ESysEBUSY, etc).

Note that  there can be slight differences between the FPC definitions and
the C file on some platforms. (kernel <-> libc. Mostly caused by
redistribution of functionality between kernel and libc).

So to obtain a number -> identifier (EPerm, EBusy) mapping, it might be
wisest to check the FPC .inc first, since that is more likely to correspond
to whatever interface the pascal code is using.