[fpc-pascal] Faster fannkuch?

L L at z505.com
Thu Nov 8 00:07:45 CET 2007

> Under windoze, I've found that programs take longer to run the
> first time they are executed after recompilation.  Is Linux the
> same way?

This may have something to do with certain code/data being cached.. I'm not sure
what since a console program doesn't use many DLL's.. It must cache the exe code
segment or data segment.

For example a program that uses many DLL's will load faster if it is opened the
second time. As for programs that don't use DLL's, I guess the program is
somehow cached for later use. This is one reason CGI programs are very fast..
because the same CGI program is being called over and over and over again.

L505