[fpc-pascal] What about to support of automation technologies (UNO, COM) ?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Wed Nov 7 12:47:04 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 07.11.2007, 14:18 +0300 schrieb Andrey Gusev:
> I have tried to compile of Delphi-UNO bridge (was fetched from
> sourceforge) - it was unsuccessful.
> After i have look through freepascal.ru, freepascal.org forums, i
> suspect that at present fpc cannot
> get basic automation support (in sense to call to automation interfaces
> by variant means). I'm is
> right in that assumption ?

If I understand you correctly:

You can use OLE Automation with any pascal compiler, but only on windos
platform. There are examples on the OO.o-site, try finding something
there:

http://development.openoffice.org/

For OS independent programming Openoffice you'd need to port the
Delphi-UNO-bridge to an fpc-UNO-bridge.

I had some looks at the code and found nothing that could not be adapted
to fpc at first sight, but i still has to be done. Has anyone else tried
compiling this stuff (me not)?

HTH,
Marc