[fpc-pascal] Usage of TInterfacedObject. Automatic release?

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara pascalive at bol.com.br
Mon May 28 14:53:34 CEST 2007

Cesar Romero wrote:
> Luiz Americo,
>> This was my first idea. And now gains force again. The problem is
>> that the bug can not be isolated easily.
>>
>> Another option is that there's a mem leak in delphi also. Does some
>> one know how to trace a mem leak in delphi?
>>
> Use FastMM with FullDebugOptions

I did and no signal of mem leak (tested OLE demo).

Probably is a fpc bug.

If someone looked at the code, noticed that i splitted the dragmanager
code in a separate unit and that i modified some things. But this is not
the culprit since if you compile with UseExternalDragManager undefined
you will end with exactly the same Delphi code (regarding VTVDragmanager
design). I updated the svn to compile with this symbol undefined using
fpc 2.1.4.

If someone is interested in investigate further some notes

* Is necessary to use fpc 2.1.4 to compile without
UseExternalDragManager since ActiveX in 2.0.4 in buggy. Otherwise 2.0.4
is fine.
* Remove the _Release call in Destroy.
* Compile a example where OLE dnd is activated (OLE) under windows

Luiz