[fpc-pascal] GTK2 Lazarus Project, but I want QT.

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 20:14:55 CEST 2007

http://doc.trolltech.com/

> Do I read the official one and hope that the
> C/C++ Qt functions have the same name in FPC?

Sure they do

> - do I import the Qt units in FPC to make that program or do I use the Lazarus
> Source code editor without a form [visual design IDE] as it would be easier?

You can use lazarus without the form editor, this should work fine.
Just add the qt4.pas unit to your uses clause (it comes in your
lazarus sources, in the lazarus/lcl/interfaces/qt directory) and start
coding. You can copy this file to the same dir as your test projects
to make it easier for fpc to find it.

There are pascal qt examples on the website of the bindings:

http://users.pandora.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html

> - Any other info you could tell me that may be usefull? Of course, I'll tackle
> these cosmetic bugs as soon as my GED is over. [General Education Development
> Test. :P I just finished high-school and taking my big exams now in hope that
> I'll end at the Politechnic Faculty in Bucharest :D so time is of the esence
> right now].

Sure, take you time.

bye,
--