[fpc-pascal] Documentation for sqldb

Joao Morais post at joaomorais.com.br
Thu Jun 21 00:42:01 CEST 2007

Joost van der Sluis wrote:

>> - please send me some hints to configure a query as fast as possible --
>> read only and unidirectional. I will open the query, read everything and
>> close it.
>
> Set ParseSQL to false. (This wil automatically set readonly to true) It
> won't be unidirectional, but I made an unidirectional TSQLQuery once,
> and coudn't measure any speed difference. The difference was to small.
> And maybe you could tweak packetrecords. Set it to -1 so that all data
> is fetched at once. That's faster if you really need all data
> immediately. (Consumes more memory, though)

Thanks for the hints.

>> - what about RowsAffected?
>
> You mean how many rows are affected by the last query you've run? I saw
> request for that earlier.
>
> But imho, you never need it. You always should know how many rows are
> affected before you execute a query. It could be a debug-tool,
> though.Maybe I could implement it. Maybe for one specific connection, or
> maybe even in a general form.

This feature will be used in an opf framework to ensure that I didn't
have a conflict. Something like this:

update <list> where id = :id and updatecount = :lastupdatecount

If RowsAffected is 0 I have a conflict. I can use a select just before
the update but I will create an useless overhead, since the database
provides this information.

When you say implement it, you don't mean 2.2 I think. If so, would you
have a workaround to point out?

Thanks.

--
Joao Morais