[fpc-pascal] Metaware

Tom Walsh tom at openhardware.net
Mon Jun 18 23:23:19 CEST 2007

Daniël Mantione wrote:

> Wow... I doubt I would recognize that code as Pascal if I wasn't told it
> was. Free Pascal implements the UCSD-Pascal derived dialects of the
> language (Turbo Pascal, Delphi, Metrowerks Pascal).
>
> Daniël
>

>> ========== begin ================
>> export (libdos4);
>>
>> { Include MetaWare libraries }
>> pragma c_include('implement.pf');
>> pragma c_include('language.pf');
>> pragma c_include('dospriv.inc');

Yes, I know.  I learned the UCSD Pascal dialect while programming old
Apple ][ pascal.  Heh, that was a while ago.  This Metaware looks pretty
much like UCSD code in a lot of respects, but then they go into these
weird C-like extensions.

Fortunately, the developers are still very much active writing new code
against the Metaware compiler.  You know how it is, just like Cobol,
once you get them hooked (swindled?), management will keep shoveling
money into it...

TomW

http://openhardware.net http://cyberiansoftware.com http://openzipit.org