[fpc-pascal] a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Daniel Franzini daniel.franzini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:30:42 CEST 2007

well

i saw this on Saraiva Megastore, a HUGE book shop in a mall in Sao
Paulo...i'm not sure if they sell it on the internet AND if they can
deliver to outside Brazil....also, i'm not sure if the publisher can
do the same.....but i can buy one and send to you, if you prefer....

On 6/13/07, Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Daniel Franzini wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but here it goes.
> >
> > A brazilian publisher named Editora Erica (www.erica.com.br) published
> > a brand new book about introdutory computer programming with
> > FreePascal.
> >
> > http://www.editoraerica.com.br/buscafinal.asp?cod=1369
> >
> > A (possible) translation of the book's title is: Free Pascal -
> > Computer Programming - Basic Guide of Desgin and Programming on Linux,
> > MS-Windows and MS-DOS
> >
> > One of the authors, Manzano, is a widely recognized book writter and
> > instructor of basic computer programming as well as operating systems
> > as Windows and office packages like ms-word and such. As far as i
> > remember, Manzano teaches at SENAI, a government-supported teaching
> > organization very popular in Brazil.
>
> Cool.
> Recently a similar book appeared in Hungary. I bought it :)
> I'll see if I can buy this one too :-)
>
> Michael.

Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of
programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a
computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human
beings what we want a computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other."
(http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And
while I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write
software." (Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')