[fpc-pascal] a book about freepascal [off-topic]

Daniel Franzini daniel.franzini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:32:33 CEST 2007

Hi

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but here it goes.

A brazilian publisher named Editora Erica (www.erica.com.br) published
a brand new book about introdutory computer programming with
FreePascal.

http://www.editoraerica.com.br/buscafinal.asp?cod=1369

A (possible) translation of the book's title is: Free Pascal -
Computer Programming - Basic Guide of Desgin and Programming on Linux,
MS-Windows and MS-DOS

One of the authors, Manzano, is a widely recognized book writter and
instructor of basic computer programming as well as operating systems
as Windows and office packages like ms-word and such. As far as i
remember, Manzano teaches at SENAI, a government-supported teaching
organization very popular in Brazil.

--
Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of
programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a
computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human
beings what we want a computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other."
(http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And
while I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write
software." (Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')