[fpc-pascal] installing latest stable

pineal pi.neal at virgin.net
Mon Jun 11 12:40:55 CEST 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007 07:32, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> > > Nevertheless the package file is correct and contains the sources:
> > >
> > > fpc at scenergy:~/ftp/beta/2.1.4/i386-linux/rpm$ rpm -q -p
> > > fpc-2.1.4-0.src.rpm -l fpc-2.1.4-src.tar.gz
> > > fpc-2.1.4.spec
> >
> > I agree the rpm does contain those.
> >
> > > So either something went wrong when you installed it (disk space ?),
> >
> > No it didn't! Nothing went wrong, no error was reported and the package
> > contents were not installed, anywhere.
> >
> > > , or
> > > It was installed in a strange location.
> >
> > Sure, like someone else's computer. ;)
> >
> > > Michael.
> >
> > Micheal, I'm not trying to have an argument or be funny, please just
> > accept the fact that the rpm does not work on my system.
>
> Yes, of course: I'm just trying to analyse why it would not work ?
> The rpm itself seems fine ?
>
> Michael.

Hi Micheal,

I now have everything installed and my Lazarus compiles with a GTK2 ide,
Great! Alas my zeos components will not compile though.

I have had another look at the source rpm and during the installation part,
there are a couple of messages about "user 'Joost' (IIRC) is not available,
using root." and there is one other user name with the same message. The
install process completes and returns a successful completion code.

If I then check the list of files installed, the two source files already
named are both listed, but with a big question mark before their names *where
the path name should be*, i.e. they went nowhere.

hth

neal.