[fpc-pascal] Linux Linking Error]

Rick Seiden rick at seidenmail.com
Sun Jun 3 23:19:29 CEST 2007

(I sent this earlier today, but haven't seen it on the list.  It's been
over 5 hours, so I'm resending.  I'm sorry if you end up getting both!)

 From the FPC IDE.  I have not installed Lazarus at this point.

I'm not sure how to compile from the command line.  I'm sorry, I'm a
lame Windows person trying to make it in the Linux world, so command
line calls aren't second nature to me.  I can't even get the mouse to
work in the FPC IDE!

So, if you could give me the command I should use to compile, I'd be
happy to post the full error message.

Thanks again
Rick

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Rick Seiden wrote:
>

>> Using Ubuntu 6.10 under VMWare, I get an error when I try to compile any
>> program.  The error is not real descriptive, and isn't really helpful.  It
>> puts the error at the last line (end.) in the first column, and all it says is
>> Error while linking.  I've googled, and it doesn't look to be a 32bit v 64bit
>> issue.  I ran fpc -i, and the target cpu is listed as i386.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> I assume you are running this from some IDE ? The text mode IDE or the Lazarus IDE.
> It would be instructive to try and compile from the command-line, this way
> you'll get the complete error message.
>
> In the case of Lazarus, start lazarus from within a console window. The
> error messages of the compiler and linker will then also be displayed on
> the console window.
>
> Michael.

If you never have the courage to lose sight of the shore,
You'll never know the utter terror of being forever lost at sea