[fpc-pascal] Version 2.1.4

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Sat Jun 2 21:33:46 CEST 2007

Am Samstag, 2. Juni 2007 20:54 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

> > > shortstring
> >
> > what does
> >
> > var s:string[12];
> >
> > in delphimode mean?
> > ansistring or shortstring?
> > if ansistring, how can I get access to a "normal" pascal (short)string
> > with maximum length of 12?
> >
> > var s:shortstring[12];
> >
> > does not work in delphi mode.
>
> Obviously, since the definition of shortstring is:
>
>   ShortString = String[255];
>
> So actually your above statement is equivalent to writing
>
>  Var s:string[255][12];
>
> which, you'll agree, is wrong :-)
>
> Michael.
OK, this part I understand, now, thanks for explanation.
I'm not deep involved in compiler programming, but it is good to know that
string[255] also works.

Now, I use the www.frameworkpascal.com for a DOS Program and ported it to
Linux, so that the program can run with DOS and Linux. Let it run in DOS with
fpc compiler seems more work, so I run the program in DOS with the
frameworkcompiler.

I did it now with additional compiler args -Sh- and it works, thanks.

Kind regards,
Rainer