[fpc-pascal] TThread.Suspend under Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 10:10:13 CEST 2007

The GUI in frozen after that. Unresponsive, doesn't repaint, etc...  I
have to kill it with 'xkill' and click on the form.

If I run the app it from the console (not via gdb) as such...

$> ./MultiTheadDemo

It doesn't return to the prompt while the app is running, which is
correct. I didn't specify the ' &' at the end.  But as soon as I
Suspend a thread, it returns me to the prompt!  Why???  And the GUI is
still showing, but frozen.

If it helps, I can archive the demo and post it to the mailing list
(though it requires Lazarus LCL).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

On 6/2/07, Micha Nelissen <micha at neli.hopto.org> wrote:
> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > I got most of my Thread Manager demo written. While trying out a few
> > features I noticed that every time as Suspend a thread, my app is
> > killed.  Running it through gdb I get the following output.
>
> I don't see it being killed from your output, or am I missing something ?
>
> man 7 signal:
>
>        SIGSTOP   17,19,23    Stop    Stop process
>
> It stops ... and that's what you asked it to do.
>
> Micha

Graeme Geldenhuys

General error, hit any user to continue.