[fpc-pascal] Standby socket servers?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sat Jun 2 05:02:31 CEST 2007

After reading the socket samples at
http://www.bastisoft.de/pascal/pasinet.html I am starting to get the basics
of socket programming.

The one thing I don't see in that page is how one would have standby
servers.

In other words I would like my server program to have some N number of
daemons to handle the connection. Like one can do with apache..

Have a minimun number or processes always running with the ability to grow
as needed up to a maximun number of processes.

I don't have exact numbers, but my guestimate is that during the busiest
times of the day the program will need to handle 5 to 10 connections per
second.