[fpc-pascal] fpc make vs. gnu make
Marco van de Voort
marcov at stack.nl
Tue Jul 17 23:17:08 CEST 2007
> Tom Walsh schrieb:
> > Is there a compelling reason NOT to use GNU make for the fpc projects?
> Main problem: you can't express the cyclic interdependencies pascal
> units can have.
- Having to ship an external binary (or on *nix lay a dependancy).
- Expansion (more syntax/commands) mostly via external programs. An own product can
simply integrate required functionality.
- Still needs an external tool (fpcmake) to generate the makefile, since the basic
makefile syntax is not abstract enough.
- Only old or bad quality builds available on non *nix. (Windows is ok
- Integrating support for future expansions (like more complex library
support) would complicate the current generator (and resulting files) even
More information about the fpc-pascal