[fpc-pascal] Profane question: can I use the IDE for another compiler/debugger?

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Thu Jul 12 12:45:18 CEST 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 10.21, Arjan van Dijk wrote:

> Can someone from the development team tell me if the Freepascal IDE can be
> told to
> call a FORTRAN compiler instead of Freepascal, and use gdb instead of the
> Freepascal debugger? Just like the Freepascal website can be switched from
> english to dutch, I would like to be able to switch the IDE from Pascal to
> Fortran.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion,

If your application runs in gdb and you work in i386-linux or i386-win32 you
can use MSEide:

http://www.homepage.bluewin.ch/msegui/

You need to write the syntax definition file for the source highlighter, a
text file with the key words and the like. At the moment there are
definitions available for Pascal, C/C++ and SQL only.
I am currently at work to accomplish the build interface more universal and
less FPC specific.

Martin