[fpc-pascal] splitting string into array

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Tue Jul 10 13:35:15 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, den 10.07.2007, 13:17 +0200 schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> En/na Marc Santhoff ha escrit:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there any function in the libraries of fpc for splitting a string
> > into an array naming the separator?
>
> not exactly but I found:
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/strutils/extractdelimited.html
>

> maybe exactly what you're searching is already there, somewhere....

Okay, I found that one already and it does the basic part of what I
need.

I only wanted to make sure I did not overlook something, I had the
strong feeling the needed function would exist (must have been another
language).

@Daniƫl:
There is no problem using dynamic arrays here, because the data to read
in is textual arrays with relatively small dimension sizes, from 5x5 to
25x25 and anything in between.

But you're right, the problem might be redimensioning the dynamic array
to the final size ... will see. ;)

Thank you both,
Marc