[fpc-pascal] Arm EABI vs OABI [was:DateToStr in arm does not work!]

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jul 5 21:35:32 CEST 2007

> En/na Bernd Mueller ha escrit:
>
> > I guess that fpc does not care about OABI/EABI. The compiler ether
> > generates fpu opcodes or not (when floating point is used). This depends
> > on the -CfSOFT option while building the compiler/rtl.
>
> Yes, but I think that fpc generates its own syscalls (not going through
> libc), and if I'm not mistaken, these are different in OABI vs EABI

FPC can do both, but syscalls are default because these binaries are more
portable across distributions (and versions) than glibc and thus easier to
deploy. (and recently, libc has been broken after the introduction of the
new syscalls. There is a release blocking bugentry for that in Mantis, so I
expect that to be solved soon).