[fpc-pascal] Linking error under Ubuntu 6.06-LTS

Robert Wolfe rwolfe at shatterit.com
Thu Jul 5 06:13:18 CEST 2007

Good morning, everyone.  Just signed up to this mailing list because of
a small problem I am having trying to build programs under FPC 2.0.4 and
the latest version.  When I run ppc386 on a source file, the file and
all units compile just fine, but when it gets to the linking stage, I
get the following error:

Linking check_snmp
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl
Error: Error while linking

I am running under Ubuntu 6.06-LTS in an x86 VMWare 6 environment which
I use to develop software on.  This is the x86 version of Ubuntu.  Do I
need to upgrade to Ubuntu 7.04 to resolve this issue?