[fpc-pascal] DateToStr in arm does not work!

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue Jul 3 21:40:11 CEST 2007

En/na Henry Vermaak ha escrit:

> soft float just means that the compiler needs to emulate the floating
> point unit if it doesn't exist in your hardware (like some arm
> processors).  if you have an fpu, then you don't have to worry about
> soft float.  the following assumes that you need soft float in you
> compiler.

If this program compiles and works fine:
program floattest;

uses sysutils;
var a,b:double;

begin
a:=0.5;
b:=0.3;
writeln(format('%5.3f',[a*b]));

end.

can I assume that either my compiler has been built with the right
options or I have a working fpu?
I'm asking because jose original test program fails here, while the
above program correctly prints out 0.150

Bye
--
Luca