[fpc-pascal] FPC on SPARC/Linux

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jul 1 14:46:59 CEST 2007

Jonas Maebe wrote:

>> Just a brief note to say that using the distributed 2.0.0 binaries I
>> was able to compile and install 2.0.4. Normal minor problems with a
>> couple symlinks and fpc.cfg, but nothing's obviously broken since I
>> was playing with it last Summer.
>
> 2.0.4 or 2.1.4?

2.0.4 for the moment I'm afraid, since that's the one that I was reasonably
certain I could get working. I'm currently looking at Lazarus for i386 and
SPARC using the same compiler and sources in both cases, assuming that I can
get somewhere with that I'll try to progress to 2.1.4.

Lazarus for SPARC has a bug that doesn't occur on i386, this is likely an
endian issue but could possibly be a compiler bug.

All on Linux, I'm not in a position to check the situation with a (recent)
Solaris.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk