[fpc-pascal] Different Object Code formats

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 27 13:45:34 CET 2007

Op Fri, 26 Jan 2007, schreef Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho:

> On 1/26/07, Peter Vreman <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > For Windows there is even an internal linker. If symbian uses something
> > like PE coff you can maybe
> > even use that one. It works for all Windows targets (Win32,Win64,WinCE)
> > already.
>
> Does the internal linker support linking to .LIB files?

No.

> The problem is that the executable is a standard win32-pe, but there
> are some "gotchas" =) Like the entry point must be exported and called
> _E32EXE .... and we must link together the symbian .lib files.

That doesn't look like a workable situation. The only way to generate OMF
object files is using Nasm, however, Nasm is not complete enough to carry
the full FPC infrastructure.

Check if you can get the symbian libraries in COFF format. If that doesn't
work you have to go the Nasm route or start programming on an OMF backend
for the internal assembler (and/or linker).

Daniël