[fpc-pascal] FP IDE in DOS env

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Thu Jan 11 21:29:42 CET 2007

Op Thu, 11 Jan 2007, schreef Daniel Franzini:

> I'm trying to write some pascal code on a DOS env (FreeDOS 1.0). Is the IDE
> for this plataform mantained?! The command line compiler does run fine, but
> the IDE shows up and quickly disapears.
>
> Has anyone suffered this before?!!??

I don't know about this particular issue, but the general story applies
here: The 2.0.2 IDE is very crash prone. 2.0.4 is better, but far from
bug free. No 2.0 compiler has a working debugger.

However, as Jonas said, Pierre has done some work on the Dos compiler,
and he got the debugger working. You might want to download a snapshot and
check if that works better. If you want a better Dos release, I'd say
now is the time to act: if you can help Pierre identify bugs and
possible solutions we can perhaps do Dos update for the currect
compiler soon.

Daniël