[fpc-pascal] FileExists inconsistency

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Thu Jan 4 13:43:28 CET 2007

Marco van de Voort wrote:

>> Whoops, I overlooked that part of his answer. You're right, I cannot
>> either (PC-Dos 2000, no emulation). This is weird, because I have been
>> able to do this in the past. But it has then been changed a long time
>> ago
>> already
>
> Afaik some of the FS Dos habits changed going from FCBS to handle based
> programming. This could be one of them.

FCBS? I don't know when Daniel started coding, but handles have been
supported since MS-DOS 3.3 at latest, so I wouldn't assume Daniel to
remember those times that well? FWIW, I've never seen a DOS machine with
equally named files and directories (nor such a machine with another
DOS-like OS).

In any case, I'd consider the reported behaviour (for Linux) buggy - is
somebody going to fix it? Maybe the original reporter might add it to our
bug repository?

Tomas