[fpc-pascal] Pascal is alive!!??

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Sun Feb 25 17:04:31 CET 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Tom Verhoeff wrote:

> To round this off: we are overhauling our CS curriculum, and fortunately
> there is a small core of Pascal supporters.  Personally, I favor
> FPC/Lazarus, some others still believe in Delphi.  Maybe we will
> produce some new Pascal material that could find wider usage.  (Food
> for another thread.)
>
> To summarize the needs:
>
>   *  Tools: contest-friendly IDE; STL-like library

What do you need from STL ? What is lacking ?

I program daily and, disregarding GUI classes, all classes I ever needed are
in the FCL.

So please elaborate. You can assume (correctly) that I don't know anything
about the STL other than that it's a "standard template library".
(which - to me - sounds like something an offset-printer would use ;) )

So a list of classes and what they are supposed to do would be nice.

Michael.