[fpc-pascal] Re: sqldb firebird on linux can't find client lib

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Tue Feb 20 18:35:04 CET 2007

Am Dienstag, den 20.02.2007, 23:51 +0700 schrieb bisma at brawijaya.ac.id:
> > Try recompiling the client yourself, do not use binary prepacked things.
>
> I did, but the problem still persists. :(
>
> > As a last resort you could try using the libraries contained in the
> > server package of FB and install these manually on the client.
>
> I did it as well. FYI, the client, the server, and the app is on the same
> machine, at least on testing stage.

Sounds fishy. Are you sure the access rights for the user running your
app are okay (mode 755 on the libs)? Or the startup scripts for the user
(.login, .profile, ...) modify the library search path?

I can't imagine anything else ... something must be different in
installing client or server that stops your program from working
correctly ... you've got to sort that out.

Running out of ideas,
Marc