[fpc-pascal] Compile library with Linux

Michel Meunier michel.meunier100 at wanadoo.Fr
Sun Feb 18 11:26:08 CET 2007

Florian Klaempfl a écrit :
> Michel Meunier schrieb:
>> Hello,
>> My library under Windows is now OK, it use an UDP socket with the
>> Synapse units (wonderful job).
>> Now I want to compile it under Linux.
>> The compilation is OK, but when I try to use the .so library, I get this
>> message:
>> This binary has no thread support compiled in.
>> Recompile the application with a thread-driver in the program uses
>> clause before other units using thread.
>> Runtime error 232 at $B6A4418B
>>
>> I use a thread inside the code to survey the UDP socket, it's work very
>> well with Windows, but do you know where is the problem with Linux?

Well, do as the message say and add the cthreads unit. This is not done
by default because it causes libc dependencies. Ok, if I understand, I
have to add cthreads in the Uses part. But why can I compile a program
witch use threads without any error when an unit is missing?
Thanks a lot for your help.