[fpc-pascal] Question on how to avoid memory trouble

Cox, Stuart TRAN:EX Stuart.Cox at gov.bc.ca
Mon Feb 5 22:33:26 CET 2007

Shucks everybody...

I think that its great that the hornet's nest that I stirred up might
mean that a new unit of container classes gets written.  I didn't think
that my seemingly simple problem would create such a cascade of
interest.  Lists are catalysts for invention!

My trouble remains that I seem unable to devise or use canned routines
to get the names of all the files on my drive.  Just writing them out to
con: in a console application would be acceptable to me to get me
started.  TurboPower's technique in their SysTools seemed simple enough
but I seem to have created a monster.

Does somebody have something in source that they'd share with this poor
guy, please?

Stu Cox