[fpc-pascal] can we have fpc's doc in chm format? [Patch]

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Dec 7 15:32:19 CET 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Andrew Haines wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Andrew Haines wrote:
> >
> >> PS you can have a peek at some chm's I made with fpdoc here:
> >> http://hainesservice.com/andrew/chms/ they are all crosslinked.
> >
> > With kchmviewer I get the following errors:
> >
> > An error occurred while loading ms-its:/home/michael/Documents/fcl.chm::/streamio/assignstream.html:
> > The file or folder ms-its:/home/michael/Documents/fcl.chm::/streamio/assignstream.html does not exist
> >
> > Same for every other page, even the index page.
> >
> > With chmsee, I can load the initial page, but the first 5 units or so cannot be found.
> > Others seem to work well. So it seems that there are some glitches in the file generation.
> >
> > Nevertheless, the basic functionalities seem to be there, so kudos to you... :)
> >

> Maybe your download is corrupted somehow... I just downloaded kchmviewer
> and chmsee and it works fine here. Also the MS reader which seems to be
> the most picky reads the file.

Hm.
I just re-downloaded, and have the same problems, with both programs, for all files :/
I also just downloaded some ISO images, and those came through without a glitch,
so I'm not entirely convinced it is the download (unless something is wrong with
the files on your site..)

Ah well, the mysteries of internet :/

Michael.