[fpc-pascal] can we have fpc's doc in chm format? [Patch]

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Dec 7 12:02:01 CET 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Andrew Haines wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> >> Don't apply this patch. I have improved it a bit and now fpdoc (here)
> >> can autogenerate a TOC. Later this morning I will work on autogenerating
> >> an Index.
> >
> > Great news !
> > Is this TOC page available in all formats, or just for chm ?
> > I would for obvious reasons prefer the first ;-)
>
> The TOC is not made to be generically usable sorry :(

A pity, more work for me... :-)

> >> The Index will have all classes, enums, consts, procedures and functions
> >> listed in alphabetical order in the above format.
> >
> > This is enough, I think...
> >
> > Great work !
> >
> > Michael.
>
> Okay, here's the patch. it adds the ability to have fpdoc output chm's
> which have an autogenerated toc and index.
>
> to import the .xct files from another package/chm looks like this:
> --import=/path/to/rtl.xct,ms-its:rtl.chm::/
> --import=/path/to/fcl.xct,ms-its:fcl.chm::/
>
> There's a seriously huge improvement in speed of the chm code when
> compiled with -Ooregvar. I added it to the Makefile.fpc in the
> packages/chm directory. I guess the Makefile will have to be regenerated.

I removed the optimization. As Jonas pointed out, you should not add this
by default. It will be added automatically when making a release anyway.

The patch is applied, and I also removed the conditional define which you
put in.

> PS you can have a peek at some chm's I made with fpdoc here:
> http://hainesservice.com/andrew/chms/ they are all crosslinked.

How do I view this on a Linux KDE system ?

Michael.