[fpc-pascal] can we have fpc's doc in chm format?

Andrew Haines AndrewD207 at aol.com
Thu Dec 6 15:44:17 CET 2007

Andrew Haines wrote:
> Attached is a patch to add chm output to fpdoc. I edited Makefile.fpc to
> require the "package" chm. Also a patch for chmwriter.pas with some
> minor changes that were needed.

Don't apply this patch. I have improved it a bit and now fpdoc (here)
can autogenerate a TOC. Later this morning I will work on autogenerating
an Index.

Currently for the TOC I have:

Classes and Objects, by Unit
  UnitName1
    TClass1
    TClass2
  UnitName2
    TClass40
    TClass41

Alphabetical Classes and Objects
  TC
    TClass1
    TClass2
  TS
    TSimpleClass

Routines, by Unit
  Unit1
    AddNumbers
    ConvertSomething
  Unit2
    JumpUpAndDown

Alphabetical Routines Listing
    AddNumbers
    ConvertSomething
    JumpUpAndDown

Is there another way to sort that someone can think of? If it's not too
time consuming I'll do it.

For the Index I have the following plan for layout:

Abs function
ColumnClick
  TCustomListView
Read
  TStream
  TMemoryStream
Read method
TCustomListView
  ActionChange
  AddItem
  ColumnClick
TMemoryStream
  Read
  Write
TStream
  Read
  Write
vsIcon
Write
  TMemoryStream
  TStream
Write method

The Index will have all classes, enums, consts, procedures and functions
listed in alphabetical order in the above format.

Andrew