[fpc-pascal] notify and notigyall

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Aug 24 10:53:33 CEST 2007

On 24 Aug 2007, at 07:55, Vinzent Hoefler wrote:

>> If you look at the source of syncobjs, you'll notice teventobject is
>> just an OO coat for tbasicrtlevent.
>
> Last time I looked this is only true for Win32, the Unix version seems
> to be very different and is implemented with semaphores.

Someone submitted a patch a while ago to make this so for all
platforms. The reason it was different for Unix was that this unit
predates the existence of tbasicrtlevent.

> Is there a
> reason why those routines are not simply based POSIX condition
> variables?

tbasicrtlevent for Unix is still not based on condition variables,
because Windows events are persistent and condition variables are not.

Jonas