[fpc-pascal] Need three things

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Sun Aug 12 19:50:24 CEST 2007

On 12 Aug 2007, at 19:13, JK Smith at Grid-Sky wrote:

>> Note that extremely unlikely that things will happen just because you
>> say/think they are important. In most commercial project it depends
>> on whether you represent a lot of money which threatens to disappear
>> if your requirements are not met, because money is the primary value
>> there.
>
> I'm under no illusions about that. I am convinced that these are
> necessary
> projects for the future though. To imply that it is unlikely that
> they won't
> happen just because I think they're important simply means that you
> aren't
> convinced of their value. Respectfully, I believe you'll change
> your mind on
> this in the future.

It mainly means that I have plenty of other, imho at least equally
important, things to do already :) Such as fixing bugs in the
codebase which is already there (which keeps growing and therefore
requires more and more maintenance, especially since the number of
developer hours available does not grow with it at a similar pace),
adding support for Objective Pascal (needed to remain viable on Mac
OS X), and adding support for LLVM (needed to support many different
processors which we otherwise can never properly support, and also
nice to profit from other's people work on low level optimizations).

Jonas