[fpc-pascal] Where is fpmkconv?

Darius Blaszijk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Aug 11 22:48:45 CEST 2007

Peter Vreman wrote:

>>> That files line should not be necessary anymore. fpmake knows that
>>> .o/.ppu/.rst files are generated for units and needs to be clean.
>>> You only need to supply the unit names. But this part is still not
>>> 100% finished with things like implicit build units.
>> I'm with you, but fppkg keeps failing on the conversion of the
>> macro's, which should be fixed imho. The question now is how.
>
> The convertmk is only a helper. It will never support 100% conversion.
> The macro and function support is one of those things that will not be
> supported.
I know what you mean, but if a feature is fairly simple to implement
(like macros) then I see no objection to implement them. Why object? I
am willing to make a patch for the feature, I was just informing on how
to implement things.

>>> But as you have already found out with the fpc execution the tool is
>>> still in (stalled) development.
>> Another reason why usage for non FPC projects should be supported ;)
>> Increasing the usage will expose a lot of bugs and missing features
>> which is good.
>
> The main purpose for fppkg will be that all projects that want to
> distribute fpc units and execuatbles will be supported and produce a
> standard package that can be distributed from a web repository for
> easy  downloading and installation.

I was talking about fpmake.pp files, not fppkg which is FPC dependent
indeed.
>>> The poNoConsole patch is applied.
>> Thanks, although I still not understand why I had to remove the option.
>
> I also don't know, but the latest fppkg features were only tested
> under linux and not under windows.
Like I said, not a bad thing using it for more than FPC, because that
surfaces more bugs.

Darius