[fpc-pascal] Where is fpmkconv?

Darius Blaszijk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Aug 11 18:37:54 CEST 2007

Peter Vreman wrote:
>> I got the following error message:
>>
>> Unknown name/value pair in compiler section : unittargetdir
>> Unknown name/value pair in clean section : files
>>
>> Which is:
>> unittargetdir=./units/$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)
>> files=$(wildcard ./units/$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)/*$(OEXT)) \
>>      $(wildcard ./units/$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)/*$(PPUEXT)) \
>>      $(wildcard ./units/$(CPU_TARGET)-$(OS_TARGET)/*$(RSTEXT))
>>

>> I suspect its something about the target macro's. What is your
>> opinion? Can we implement something for these macro's? I have an idea
>> already but would like to pass it trough you first, if that is ok
>> with you.
>
> That files line should not be necessary anymore. fpmake knows that
> .o/.ppu/.rst files are generated for units and needs to be clean. You
> only need to supply the unit names. But this part is still not 100%
> finished with things like implicit build units.
I'm with you, but fppkg keeps failing on the conversion of the macro's,
which should be fixed imho. The question now is how.
> But as you have already found out with the fpc execution the tool is
> still in (stalled) development.
Another reason why usage for non FPC projects should be supported ;)
Increasing the usage will expose a lot of bugs and missing features
which is good.
> The poNoConsole patch is applied.
Thanks, although I still not understand why I had to remove the option.

Darius