[fpc-pascal] Where is fpmkconv?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Aug 11 14:24:21 CEST 2007

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Darius Blaszijk wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Thanks for explaining that, but.....
>
> I tried to convert a sample Makefile.fpc, but I keep getting the following
> error message;
>
> >fppkg convertmk Makefile.fpc
> Generating default compiler configuration in
> "C:\pp\bin\i386-Win32\fppkg\config\default"
> The FPC make tool encountered the following error:
> Compiler returns invalid information, check if fpc -iV works
>
> >fpc -iV
> 2.3.1
>
> I also tried to set the verbosity level higher, but I just cannot find out how
> to do that. I tried anything from -va to --verbosity=all to just -v and
> --verbosity. No luck.

You can't be more verbose for this. The problem is most likely that the tool
cannot execute the compiler (because it does not find it).

It tries to capture the output of fpc -iVTPTO, and it expects to receive 3 words.
If it does not, the error you get is displayed.

The error is in pkgoptions.pas, the function to read the output is in pkgglobals
pkgglobals.pp: GetCompilerInfo; The best is to see what goes wrong there...

Michael.