[fpc-pascal] Re: How to include Carbon.h?

BlueCat GHF03464 at nifty.ne.jp
Fri Apr 20 12:22:26 CEST 2007

Milan, Jonas, Thanks a lot.

Jonas Maebe-2 wrote:

> [snip]
> This is incorrect. That version is very outdated and contains several
> errors. As of 2.0.4, FPC contains the common Mac OS interfaces for
> FPC, GPC and MW, which contain many more Pascal headers than what
> Apple distributes and also many bug fixes.

Maybe because I am new on Nabble, I did not notice Milan's post before my
second post.  Milan, Your suggestiion was very helpful for me so that I can
realise how to link Carbon framework in FPC with a command line option -k.
Now, I can use FPCMacOSAll unit, which may Jonas mean, without get the
linker angry.  My humble stub comes to be;

Library stub;
{$calling mwpascal}
uses FPCMacOSAll;

function aint(i : smallint) : smallint;
begin
  aint := succ(sqr(i))
end;

exports
  aint name '_aint',
  aint;

end.

compiled with options

fpc -Mmacpas -k"-framework Carbon" smallstub

The dylib now works rather well, but still is somewhat unstable.  The system
modal dialog still hangs after heavy usage.  I am now wondering this is due
to any initialisation problem.

I have an additional question to Milan.  Google tells me that there is
AggPas program by Milan, maybe you :-)  Does this application use QuickTime
API?  If QT or MPEG2 file can be easily accessed by FPC, porting my
application to Lazarus become quite a favourable choice (but it must be
discussed in another thread).