[fpc-pascal] Re: How to include Carbon.h?

Milan Marusinec milan at marusinec.sk
Thu Apr 19 12:57:51 CEST 2007

BlueCat wrote:
> Hello, Pascal folks,
>
> I'm using FPC 2.0.4 on MacOSX 1.4.9 PPC and trying to write a Pascal library
> that is externally called from REALbasic (Rb).  But Rb needs Carbon.h header
> included in dylibs which are called by Rb programs.

To include Carbon.pas in your fpc-mac os X project you need
additional libraries, which are not a part of the Free Pascal on mac.
They are the Universal Pascal Interfaces (UPI), which are a part of the
Apple Universal Interfaces, which can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development_Kits/UniversalInterfaces3.4.2.dmg

Also don't forget to pass -k"-framework Carbon" to the fpc compiler on
command line.

Milano